To our LSF Family,
We hope everyone continues to stay safe during COVID-19. It has been a little over four months since we voluntarily closed our doors for the safety of our members and our team.
With Ontario beginning to open the economy again in stages, we wanted to provide you with the steps and strategies we will implement for a safe re-opening in some capacity. We are excited to reopen Monday July 20, 2020 and have been looking at what excellent service will now mean in this new normal.
Things are going to look and operate a little differently than before. Our main intention is that our members and team feel safe and supported.
One of the major benefits of our appointment-based model is we already have a large space (approx 3000sf) and our individual training approach has small session numbers to begin with. We also always had and will continue to ensure the utmost cleanliness of our space. We have been attending many webinars and continue to stay up to date with the most relevant information for a safe reopening.
Here are some of the steps we are implementing to ensure the health and safety of all members and our team:
Overall Changes in the Studio:
- We ask that if you are not feeling well please let us know and don’t come to the studio. We will continue to have virtual sessions and if you can’t make it to an in-person session, you can always reschedule to an online one from the safety of your home.
- For those who only want online sessions, you’re in luck! We’re keeping a number every day and are happy to have you do them instead of in-person. Your health is as important as it’s ever been, and we’re here to serve you however that is.
- All doors will be kept open as often as possible to ensure proper air flow and decrease human contact with door handles.
- There will be no access to the upstairs portion of the studio including changerooms and showers in order to reduce surfaces being touched.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up throughout the reception area and gym – we have a lovely alcohol-based aloe hand sanitizer :)!
- The studio is being cleaned 2x per day, as well as extra a 15 minute buffer between every session where we will sanitize the equipment.
- Because of the ample space at LSF we are able to still offer 4 person semi private sessions, and each member will have a 9.5×11 ft area, larger than the recommended 6x6ft, to train in (called a pod).
- Everyone will have their own equipment in their pod with no need for sharing.
- There will be program modifications to ensure a safe and effective training experience, and coaches will be providing non-touched based correction cues only.
- The studio is de-cluttered and will be re-configured as needed to minimize risk.
- We will have a max of 5 members in the studio at a time
Changes for Members
- Members will come dressed to workout. If you would like to change or use the bathroom we ask that you do so in one of the common bathrooms in the building as our upstairs will be closed off
- We ask that you wear indoor shoes or indoor socks when you train – no bare feet will be permitted at this time.
- Please bring your water bottle from home, we have removed the public water glasses at this time. The water filter is operational and being wiped down for your use and safety
- We strongly encourage you to buy your own bands and lacrosse ball as these items are more difficult to sanitize. You can buy your own bands here, and we will have them ready for you at your first session!
- As of June 10 Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health has mandated the wearing of masks in all businesses. You can read the full article here. For that reason masks will be mandatory for members and coaches, unless you are exempt as per Section 22, and there are exemptions for physical activity. Wear a mask as you enter LSF no matter what, and we have masks for sale for $5 each if you need one.
- We’re opening as of Monday July 20th, and all COVID/closure freezes will resume then as agreed upon when we did the freeze. If you need to extend your freeze for any reason you need to contact us by completing the freeze form here. (Note, we don’t need 14 days notice to do the new freeze, but it will be 2-3 days. If you want to extend your freeze Starting July 20th, complete this form by Saturday July 18th at the latest).
- Sessions will continue to be 45 minutes but start on the hour to give us time between sessions to clean. Sessions will start and end on time.
- The warm-up area is off limits, so we will include the warmup in your 45 minute session time.
- When you arrive for your session – Please stay in your car/the parking lot before and wait for your coach to call you into the building.
- Upon entering the studio your coach will indicate what pod (rack, bench and all equipment you will need) will be yours for the session. The pod system will allow us to keep physical distancing guidelines. Your program, a mat and a spray bottle of sanitizer will be in each pod upon your arrival. All equipment will be assigned to you.
- If you need any other equipment during a session please ask the coach and they will bring it to you. All equipment that you have touched during your session will remain in your pod until the end of the session.
- Coaches will give you a halfway and 10min warning to allow for you to complete your session so it ends on time so we can sanitize everything before the next session.
- At the end of your session we ask that you clean your equipment and mat with the sanitizer in your pod.
- Coaches will also thoroughly sanitize equipment, clipboards and pens after each use.
- We ask that you exit the building as quickly as possible so that the next group of members can begin.
As new information is announced, we will continue to adjust our plan in order to keep the safety of everyone at the forefront. We are in this together.
It has never been more important to ensure the safety of our members and we are working hard to stay on top of all the recent recommendations as they are made public.
If at this time you are more comfortable to continue your training online we will be continuing to offer online sessions! Please let us know and we are happy to help you find an online session time that works for you!
We appreciate your understanding, patience and continued support at this time. We are looking forward to getting the studio open and working with you again soon!
Stay safe and keep well, and if you have any questions, comments or concerns reach out right away.